Thursday, September 30, 2010

On The Road To 200NL

Ever since I crashed and burned at 200NL, I've been struggling to really get into poker again...
A new month, a new start.
Time for some resolutions:

  • Play at least 20K hands in cash games (full ring Rush Poker and regular 6max)
  • Focus on improving. Making a profit is always nice but monetary goals are nothing but a shortcut to monkey tilt...
  • Stick to a tight schedule. Bad beats are a part of poker and life. It's the time spend being upset about them that really hurts. Recover and move on!
  • Take up breathing exercises again. I truly enjoyed Tommy Angelo's 'The Eightfold Path To Poker Enlightment' but somewhere along the way I stopped putting it into practice...
  • Maintain a healthy lifestyle with lots of workouts and a peaceful mind.
  • Try out some pre-session affirmations ('Today Is My Day!')
  • Finally, I'll wear a rubber band around my wrist during play. So I can snap myself back into focus every time the mind goes wandering...
These simple steps should help me along on the road to beating 200NL and beyond...
This autumn I'll watch the chestnuts falling down while working on my way up.


1 comment:

  1. The best strategies are often not that complicated as one would expect... :)
    T.

    ReplyDelete