Monday, August 24, 2009

Vagabond Strikes Back!

Last night I had the very difficult choice between watching reruns of 'House M.D.' on TV or play in in the weekly SNG series of PokerVT (a training site I'm a member of) on PokerStars.

No idea what to choose.

Luckily, my Mac Tv-tuner( EyeTV) screwed up and didn't start recording at the set time.
So I gave the SNG Series a shot.

It was great.
I didn't have so much fun playing poker in a long time.
First it was really cool to try to beat my fellow PokerVT-members on the virtual felt.
We're exchanging strategy in the Poker VT forms all the time.
Putting theory into practice against them was a lot of fun.
And of course, sitting at a table with our SNG teacher and poker pro Derek 'Derk' Willams was a great experience.
My results adding to the pleasure as I'm currently ranked third in the 'PokerVT weekly SNG series'- leaderboard!

So today's the last day of my August holiday and, for the first time in a while, I made a profit during the Full Tilt Happy Hour as well.
Cashing 4 out of 8 SNG's and winning 2!
Maybe it sounds less spectacular than it is.
But it really is a big deal right now.
I desperately needed a win to break this depressing downswing.

Let's hope things go uphill from here!

Now I should try and enjoy the sunshine a bit before it's back to work tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment