Friday, October 9, 2009

A Dirty Hand

Full Tilt Poker $20 + $1 Heads Up No Limit Hold'em Tournament - t10/t20 Blinds - 2 players - View hand 319086

The Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History Converter

BB: t1730 M = 57.67

Hero (BTN/SB): t1270 M = 42.33

Pre Flop: (t30) Hero is BTN/SB with A of diamonds 3 of clubs

Hero raises to t60, BB calls t40

Standard opening.
I have an Ace on the button. The blinds are low. 3x is an easy choice.
We are only 17 hands into the match here. The villain is being kind of loose-passive pre-flop. 
After the flop he does a lot of funky stuff that I haven't figured out yet (min-betting, over-betting, calling a river bet with 5-high...) 
Somewhat fishy.

Flop: (t120) Q of diamonds A of clubs 5 of diamonds (2 players)

BB checks, Hero bets t80, BB raises to t160, Hero calls t80

Happy with my hand here. 
Top pair and outs to improve.
Villain's min-raise doesn't alarm me. He has been doing that stuff all the time with all sorts of hands. I have no idea of his holding here. A queen? A five? A diamond draw? Any two cards? Somehow I feel an ace is unlikely...  Random players like to slow-play top-pair hands a lot. 


Turn: (t440) 4 of diamonds (2 players)

BB bets t440, Hero raises to t1050 all in, BB calls t610

Here I go nuts every time.
Top pair and about 10 clean outs (I should discount my straight outs a bit for the times I hit the straight to loose against a flush ).

River: (t2540) J of spades (2 players - 1 is all in)

Final Pot: t2540

BB shows T of diamonds A of hearts (a pair of Aces)

Ouch, did I butcher this hand?
I felt pretty confident in my hand but it turns out I've been behind the whole time....
Even on the turn I was still only about a 30% favorite to win the hand...

Hero shows A of diamonds 3 of clubs (a pair of Aces)

Dirty... very dirty.... I bothers me a lot to lose with a weak ace (kinda fishy, isn't it?) but I don't see any way to play this hand differently. 
Can't fold pre-flop, 
can't fold on the flop
and the turn is way to beautiful to consider anything besides shoving...

BB wins t2540

Sad conclusion: I'll go broke here every time...




No comments:

Post a Comment