Sunday, October 4, 2009

A Great Weekend

Autumn's finally here.
It feels good to be at home when the weather's cold and grey.
...
(I would probably still stay at home on a beautiful summer day. Now it's even better with the weather on my side.)

No reason whatsoever to face the hard, cold and evil outside world.
Just hanging out at home (with the legendary bluttbeff),
playing and talking poker.

Later I worked on my multi-table tournament experience,
by playing a $7.50 turbo multi-table tournament on PokerStars.
Busted out in 144th place (out of 1044).
Nine short of the money.  Just missed the $$$.
It was a choice between getting blinded out for a min-cash or taking a shot to double up and go deep...
Flopped the nut-flush draw but didn't get there.
(just like life itself...)
Anyway, it feels good to have played a multi-table tournament again.
The first one in over a month.
Dreaming about filthy richness is one thing.
But, in the short term, playing mtt's is my best and only (oh so tiny) chance to get there...
Better put in the volume then...

*

Today I decided to play a few online heads up matches (PokerStars, $11.50 Turbo).
I see it as an important tool to help develop my poker skills (and as a way to make money, of course)
Lost my first two matches but then I figured it out:

the average $11.50 heads up player is a total fish.

(like a monkey randomly hitting buttons)
Once I stopped giving the villain credit for being an intelligent life form, I won.
Really.
If you can avoid the fish to get lucky it can be a very easy game.

*
So...
Up $100 for the weekend.
It's a start.
Finally poker on my mind again.

Now would be a good time to have a great month.

No comments:

Post a Comment