Saturday, October 31, 2009

November

"November has tied me to an old dead tree
get word to April to rescue me"
- Tom Waits  'November'




November, november... 
that damned, dark and cold time.
I used to hate this filthy month. 
After I spend one November on a tropical beach it got better.
But still... 
It's dark, it's cold and it will be very lonely near the end.

There's no redemption in November.

My goals, hopes and dreams are humble this time of the year.

First and foremost, 
my love and I only got 25 days left together.
Than she'll travel to that faraway country in the East.
While I stay right here 
for another 7 weeks and 4 days...

It's going to be a long and lonesome winter.

Lots of time to play poker.
But not just now.

First love, make money later.
I'll try to keep a light poker schedule for the next 4 weeks.
About 120 sit 'n go's on Full Tilt  should be enough to stay Iron Man. 
Getting better at 6max cash games is  the goal.
For now, it is probably still Ev-
But hey, I am learning! (and learning a lot thanks to Jon Ettinger's wonderful video series on PokerVT) It should be possible to reach the Ev+ territory any time soon now. And of course, there will be some heads-up matches (to improve my game) and multi-table tournaments (to get real lucky one time).
So,

November is all about

Money & love,

getting the best of it /
making the most of it

No comments:

Post a Comment