Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Lazy Days In The Sun

It’s been a few days since I played online poker.
This morning I received a rakeback-payment on my PKR-account.
That almost had me going.
But I posted a few pictures on Flickr instead...
These are my last days in Sihanoukville. Time to just enjoy the sun and the sea...
After reading the ‘10000 Hours Rule’-chapter in the book Outliers (by Malcolm Gladwell), I’m no longer in a hurry. It states that to get really great in any kind of field there are always 10000 hours of practice required (Check the book for the details)
10000 hours of dedicated practice or settle for one lucky run (at best)...
I know what to choose but it’s going to be a long, long ride... So better start of with a few days of fun and sun. Soon enough I’ll be back in Belgium with not much else to do... (nothing ever changes)
Maybe I start with Sit ‘n Go’s again or I’ll continue my Rush Poker adventures. Six tabling on my desktop computer must be lots of (profitable) action-packed fun...
(but not just yet)
Next week I’ll get back into action.
Every 10000 hours of practice has to start somewhere.
Mine will start in cold, cold Belgium.
Now I'll just take my moto for a spin, have a few beers and go for a swim in the ocean before watching the sunset...

No comments:

Post a Comment