Thursday, February 4, 2010

Tangled Up In Rush Jittery

Leaving Phnom Penh, my mind started wondering.
My days in the sun are numbered.
Passed the half way point a while ago.
I need a plan.
I need to clean up my act.
Things need to change.
Fucking tired of how I live my life in Belgium.
Last night I had wild thoughts of cashing out my entire poker bankroll to stay high at Top Banana Guesthouse for a year or so. Sadly, I’m less drunk now and in need of a more serious plan.
Still, can’t see any other happy options besides poker.
If I could just get better, study more, play more hours, stay focused longer,...
Winning a major tournament, relocating to Phnom Penh and grind out my daily expenses in 6-max cash games... That’s the best possible scheme I could come up with.... But even I know, while driving out of Phnom Penh (somewhere between drunk and hangover), the odds are heavily against this silly daydream.
Nevertheless, I did the math. Getting bronze status in the Full Tilt Iron Man Challenge should be achievable this month (for the sixteenth month in a row!). I need some results. I need them now. January was horrible for my bankroll. But now there’s Rush Poker. Maybe the Rush will turn it all around...

Back in Sihanoukville;
Three hours and 1500 hands have passed...
I’m down 1,5 buy-ins.
Left my ability to sleep somewhere in Phnom Penh.... (who needs sleep when there’s Rush Poker, anyway) So I hang out on the beach all day, watch the ‘Flight of the Conchords’ on DVD (brilliant HBO-series) ‘till 4 o’clock in the morning and start playing Rush Poker around 8h30.
Now all I need to do is win - win - win... make profit...
seal the deal and lock up my ticket to a lifetime in the sun.
Once logged in, the tendency is to play as long as possible.
Full Tilt Happy Hours come and go.
When I close my eyes I see nothing but cards flashing by.
When I open my eyes 3 tables of Rush Poker scream for attention.
Can’t stop clicking... quick fold, quick fold, quick fold, raise, 3bet, fold, fold, raise, quick fold, raise, c-bet, got my Aces cracked, rebuy, quick fold, quick fold, raise, raise, bet, fold... My wife enters and leaves the room. Raise, c-bet, quick fold, quick, fold, raise, 3bet,... I’m staying right here. Raise, raise, quick fold, 3bet, raise, raise, quick fold, quick fold,... Keep the curtains closed and the fan at full speed. Fold, fold, raise, fold, raise, c-bet, quick fold, 3bet,... Trying to move the cursor around as quick as possible. Quick fold, raise, raise, fold,... It’s hard on this laptop with only a trackpad. Raise, c-bet, quick fold,... Still I manage. Quick fold, quick fold, raise, c-bet, quick fold,... Cannot stop. Raise, raise, quick fold,... At least another 1000 hands to go. Maybe more. Quick fold, quick fold, bet, bet, raise, fold, 3bet, fold, fold, raise, c-bet,...

All I need
a little bit of dope,
strong coffee and
a trillion hands of Rush Poker

I’m still here
but I wish I was back already

Play Online Poker
Play Online Poker

No comments:

Post a Comment