Tuesday, December 1, 2009

A Simple Plan

The goal for December is simple and short:

'Play as much poker as possible!!!'


2009 was an uneventful and boring year.
In life and in poker:
didn't go anywhere,
didn't even really try to get somewhere.
Maybe something was going on
but I didn't know what or where...

I've been playing poker poorly for the last 10 months or so.
Like a scared, little middlle-class office clerk:
proudly writing down every small winning session
but being oh-so afraid and upset after loosing...

Things are different now.
This time I feel completely committed.

It's impossible to win big on a regular basis
if you can't handle equally big losses.
Handling big money swings is a crucial skill in poker.

But if winning or losing a few hundred dollar a month makes me feel good or bad... Well, I might as well try fantasy football, start playing 'Monopoly' or hang out with colleagues in a crappy bar after work.
Whatever.
Hobby's are for losers.

I'm in it for the money.

Better to crash and burn (or rise and get rich) then to fade away.
This winter I'll put my money where my mouth is...

1 comment: