Thursday, September 10, 2009

Lost Little Fish

So I read the books, watched hours of video on PokerVT, studied the odds and outs, ...
Still no results...

September so far:

  • 68 x $24 Turbo Sit 'n Go's: -$28,80
  • about 400 hands of NL25 6max cash games: -$12,75
It's a tiny sample size.
Variance might have a huge influence on these results.
Still, I don't feel too happy about this.
One could blame bad luck and cold cards, moan about bad beats or launch a theory about online poker being rigged.
Sure, that would give me comfort. Another 'victim' to join the masses...
But would it improve my results?
No!
There's only one solution to this problem:
study more, play better, complain less.
Strive for greatness!
Time (volume) will overcome variance.

I know, in general, dreams don't come true.
(that's why they are called 'dreams')

But...
better a tiny chance than no chance at all.


So I'm going to start up Full Tilt and play my daily dose of sit and go's.
One day I'll get there... (one day)

2 comments:

  1. Hi Vagabond, try to play multiple tables, and in looser tables. Best suggestion would be carboonpoker.com. Those fish are just kamikadze!

    Best Regards,
    Violator

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the advice! Cool site...

    ReplyDelete